Practical Course for Beginners
Bushveld Training Adventures invites all nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts with an interest in Wildlife Photography to join us on this Practical and knowledge enhancing course.
We will be exploring all aspects of different lenses, camera settings, light and aperture adjustments, depth of field, use of flashes and many types of photographs including silhouettes, long exposures, capturing of star trails, wildlife, macro photography and many more.
Taking wildlife/birdlife photographs, not only gets you in the fresh air, it is a creative pastime which helps you understand animal and bird life behaviour. Here too we will look at what is practical when using our photographic equipment.
Course Structure and programme
The course will be presented at Combretum Park on the weekend of 07 to 09 September 2018 as follows:
- Friday evening (Starting at 18h00)
- Registration, general discussion and getting to know each other
- Early practical session followed by theory and more practical the afternoon
- Evening braai followed by fun session with light photography
- Practical session with more tips and tricks
- 12h00 Wrap up and Closure
- Read through your camera instruction booklet and familiarize yourself with menus and setting of ISO, shutter and lens openings
- Bring a fully charged battery for the camera
Our guest presenter is Johann van Rensburg.
Johann van Rensburg started his photography career as a freelance sport photographer for schools, as well as being Karate South Africa’s official photographer locally and abroad. He has done on location, studio, wildlife, as well as lighting genre photography. He attended various photography courses, as well as wildlife practical seminars.
His technical camera ability, knowledge gained over the years and being a qualified nature guide, drives his passion for wildlife photography. Being a qualified field guide and freelancing for various lodges, gives him the opportunity to truly live out his passion for wildlife photography. Numerous of his images has been used in printed media and on social platforms.
Johann has conducted several photography workshops and have assisted many amateur photographers with advice and knowledge.